Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Show

I know, I am finally writing about the show. I would have written about right when we got back and it was fresh in my mind but Jennifer was driving me crazy. She would not leave me alone. I mean with every text I got, she had to know from who and what it said and what I would reply back. Every time I tweeted or update my Facebook status, she had to know what I was typing. It was very annoying to have someone hovering behind me the whole time.

I got back yesterday but I was way too tired to write anything and I took awhile to edit my video that is sort of about the concert.

In the hotel, I was talking to PJ and he told me that I needed to have an adventure and not just go to the concert. I was like ok but I was not sure how that would go.

We wanted to eat before the concert and there was a Denny's across the street so we we went there. I then realized that I left my ALL CAPS CD in my bag in the room. After we finished stuffing our faces, we went back across the street to the hotel to get my CD that I never ended up getting signed.

We headed out on the road to find the bar. Jennifer sucks at giving directions. When I printed the directions, I also printed a map. She decided instead of using the direction that tells us every thing we need, she would use the map and be like "the turn is before the curvy part of the road." Which of course it was not. We got lost twice. Once I took the directions from her and saw what we really need to be doing, I got us there with no problem.

We found the park but the only parking was meters that lasted for about 3 hours. So we drove down the street a bit to a lot that was $1.50 which I think was pretty good. We then, had to make the scary walk back to the bar.

Once we got in, Jennifer became way to nervous and was sacred to talk to everyone because there were not a lot of people. I kept telling her that this was the perfect time to because they would have the time to talk. After about 10 minutes, I was able to convince her and we went up to ALL CAPS. Luke came right out to talk to us and was super nice just like I told her he would be. We ended up buying a ton of merch because everything was amazing.

We then went to stand by the stage because she was worried that we would not get a good spot. We were right in the front and it was amazing. It was funny because for almost the whole night, there was a space of about 5 feet between those of us in the front and the rest of the crowd.

The Parselmouths went first. Eia looks so adorable with the ukulele because she is so tiny. The sounded amazing even though they switched parts because Kristina was not feeling that good.

Justin Finch-Fletchley was next. I must say that he was amazing. He gave one of the best performances of the night. Before he went on, I heard a girl behind me say that he usually breaks guitar strings every night and when he played, I could see why. He puts so much energy into his music. He was jumping around everywhere and strumming really hard. I am so glad that he was able to rejoin the tour because he made it amazing.

Lauren or the Moaning Myrtles was next. She is even more cute and adorable in person. She played some songs from her band and then a few songs that were not about Harry Potter. Half way through her set, she switched from guitar to ukelele. The problem was that the cord was not really working and you could barely here the ukelele. There also was another concert on the other side of the bar and during the middle of her ukelele solo, we start to hear this really loud music. The people then told them there is another stage with another band. She kept playing and was amazing.

Matt then joined her on stage to sing a few song from their band Armoured Bearcub. It was amazing and they were adorable. I love that they are a pretty new band and that I was able to sing along with them.

Lauren then left so that Matt could transform into the Whomping Willows. He set was also amazing. Yet again he was jumping around and went he shook his head, you could see all the sweat come off. He played the most songs out of everybody but they were all so amazing. He so cute like a big teddy bear.

ALL CAPS was next. Luke came on told everyone that we need to be loud so that we could interrupt the other band like they did to Lauren. I must say that they are amazing live. I had my doubts because Luke likes to use a lot of autotune as an affect to his songs but they were amazing. Everyone was jumping around and singing so loud. For their last song, a few guys that were at the other concert came over. At first it seemed like they were making fun of everyone but then it seemed that really got into it. After the last song, everyone started chanting one more song. They said that they would but that Kristina was not up to another song and that they would hang out with people instead and so they ran off stage.

Jennifer and I then went to go and but more stuff and take pictures with everyone. We ended up buying a ROFLCOPTOUR poster which we got signed by everyone. I even got Lauren to sign my shoe. I was wearing my black converse. I think it so funny because I almost wore my purple ones and Lauren was wearing her purple converse so that would have made it much better.

We then left to walk back in the dark to my car. It really was an amazing time. I am sorry that this is so long but there was so much to tell. If you made it to this point, I hope you enjoyed because it took me a little less than an hour to write this.

Love ya,
Christina

Chipotle Burritos: 27
Books read: 23
Nail Polish: "Fairy Teal," Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment