Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Internet

I must say that this is such a new feeling for me. I think it is so weird that my generation is suppose to be the one that knows everything about the computer and the internet. I honestly really didn't start using the computer until high school. Even then, it was mostly to write papers. I didn't even get my own computer until the day I moved into my dorm freshman year. Even then I used it mainly to write papers and get on Facebook. I really did not become obsessed until about October/November of last year. This is when I started to get into YouTube. When I know for sure that I was addicted was at the end of January.

I have never been the person to know about different memes and popular videos right away. I was usually the one to find out months later. This has recently been changing for me. I have been the one to see something before it goes viral. It is weird now to have those same friends come up to me about something and me being the one to say that I have already seen it.

I find it even more weird now that on YouTube, I have a pretty loyal following for the most part. When I first joined, I was lucky if I got 20 views in 2 months. Now I get way over 20 views within the first couple of hours of uploading. I never thought I would get big on YouTube and I am still not. I have been able to make some amazing friends through it and that is something else I thought would never happen.

I also have some friends who think if they are in my videos or I mention them that they are famous. I really don't understand that. I mean my videos are not watched by that many people well at least I think so. Even if I was "popular" on YouTube, there still would not be that many people who saw my videos. As obsessed as people get with YouTube, it is still just one website in a world filled with millions of them. There are many people in the world who could care less about it and I have been told by many friends that I am way too obsessed for my own good. As much as I love it, I really do not spend that much time there to be honest. In fact I believe my love for Twitter is far greater.

I guess I am just going to have accept all of this but it is still really hard for me to believe.

Love ya,
Christina

Chipotle Burritos: 28
Books read: 23
Nail Polish: "Fairy Teal," Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment